If we talk about a 100% wire-free camera with floodlight then Arlo Pro 3 would be first in line. With lights more intense than car headlights, it can warn intruders from miles away. Also, with its 2K video capturing capabilities, you can rest assured about your protection.
Installing Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera
Make sure you’ve located a decent spot for signal strength and motion detection before installing your Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera.
When installing your Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera for first time, you must follow instructions in the Arlo app. Before Arlo app asks you to throughout the installation process, wait to start installing your camera.
How To Set Up Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera
If you are going to install Arlo Pro 3 floodlight camera then first step would be download Arlo Secure App and follow its instructions for setup and installation as well.
Steps To Set Up Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera
- Open Arlo Secure application.
- Tap Add New Device at bottom of screen after descending to it.
- Select Lights.
- Select Camera Pro 3 Floodlight.
- View the installation video, review Meet your Arlo Floodlight screens, and then click Continue.
- Tap Continue if you chose Connect without SmartHub.
- Make sure you’re connected to a 2.4 GHz network by checking settings on your mobile device.
- Tap Continue to return to the Arlo Secure app.
- Your Wi-Fi SSID (network name) and password must be entered here.
- Select Continue.
- Tap Continue after placing battery in Arlo Floodlight.
- Continue while keeping Arlo Floodlight apart from the housing.
- Tap Continue when the blue LED on the front of Arlo Floodlight starts to blink.
- Aim the Arlo Floodlight Camera at the QR code while holding it four to six inches in front of the lens.
- Tap Continue after the chime. Arlo will start looking for your camera.
- Name your Arlo camera after it has been located, then tap Continue.
- Tap Continue to continue installing Arlo Floodlight after it has been successfully associated with Arlo Secure app.
Before tapping Continue position the Arlo Floodlight near a reliable internet connection. Make sure the camera is not in housing before you start. This facilitates mounting and enables charging of camera while camera housing is being installed. After mounting is finished, camera can then be placed within the housing.
Steps To Install Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera
- Wherever you choose to install your Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera, attach the wall plate.
- On wall plate, mark three holes.
- Wall plate should be removed.
- Three holes should be drilled into wall using a 15/64 inch (6mm) drill bit.
- Reattach wall plate to the wall, lining it up with the three wall holes.
- Put screws into each of three holes while holding wall plate over them.
- Align dot on wall plate with screw on camera housing’s grip, then turn camera housing clockwise until the grip locks in place.
- Screw mount’s bottom with a tightening wrench.
- Insert Pro 3 Floodlight Camera into housing for camera.
- When camera is fully put into housing, you will hear a click.
- The camera’s angle should be adjusted.
- Turn camera housing grip clockwise to secure it.
- Click Continue after making sure Arlo Floodlight battery is charged.
- Click Continue after carefully reading screens for mounting wall plate, locking housing, and adjusting Arlo Floodlight’s angle.
- Tap Continue after checking location of your Arlo Floodlight.
- Tap Continue after following directions for testing the light.
- Click Finish.
How To Charge Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera
There is more than one way through which we can charge Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight camera which are listed below:
Steps To Charge Via USB Charger
- Look for a button on charging port that is underneath camera housing
- Press the button.
- You can hear a clicking sound and can see camera slightly sliding outside.
- Now pull camera completely from housing.
- While leaving your housing open, make sure that it is protected from elements of weather.
- Take camera indoors and plug USB charger into camera.to charge it.
Steps To Charge Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera Via Outdoor Magnetic Charging Cable
- After making sure that your camera is free of dust which ensures a secure and safe connection.
- Bring an outdoor magnetic charging cable and plug it into your camera and then connect it to an electrical outlet.
- Now , Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera will start to automatically charge as long as there is AC power available.
How To Reset Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera
If you want your Arlo Pro 3 floodlight camera to get back to its default setting then you must reset it. The steps to reset are as follows:
Steps To Reset Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera
- For 15 seconds, press and hold sync button.
- Let go of button when you see LED blinking amber three times if you hold button for too long then you are going to have to restart the reset process all over again.
- After releasing button, your camera will be reset but will still appear as disabled on Arlo App.
- Fro re-adding your camera open Devices on Arlo App.
- Below camera feed, click Settings.
- Here find Remove Device at bottom and tap on it.
- Close Device Settings in next step.
- Now, click on Add New Device which you can find on Devices page.
- Here select Cameras, and follow instructions to connect camera to Wifi and set it up after that.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Need A Base Station?
It’s optional to use an Arlo SmartHub or base station. Your Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera can be immediately connected to your wireless router at home. A 2.4GHz high-speed WiFi network is necessary for this. You can record video and audio to a local USB or microSD device when you connect your Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera to a base station or SmartHub.
Does Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Need A Subscription?
Yes, a monthly charge is necessary to fully utilize the Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera.
However, Arlo cameras can also be used without a subscription. With Arlo app, you can stream footage from your camera to your smartphone for free.
To access recorded video and use some of cool camera’s capabilities, you must be a member of the Arlo Smart Plan.
Is Arlo Worth The Money?
Arlo cameras are among most popular security camera suggestions because they aren’t the priciest models available and have excellent motion detection capabilities. The major drawback is that some of best features of Arlo cameras can only be accessed through a paid membership.
How Long Does Arlo Pro 3 Battery Last?
The battery life of the Arlo Pro 3 is only three to six months which is quite disappointing as there are security cameras with almost a year of battery life
Where Should I Put My Arlo Cameras?
You can see everyone who enters your home, day or night, by installing a camera near the front door. For the greatest results, mount your cameras at least 7 feet off the ground and slightly downward.